top of page

Visas and Immigration

Ukrainians that come to the UK must have a visa. There are two main routes for
Ukrainians to come to the UK:

  • Ukraine Family Scheme – for those who have family members in the UK. Your family member in the UK must be either a British passport holder or settled (indefinite leave to remain status). Family members could be either immediate (spouse, child, fiancé, parents if you are under 18), extended (siblings, parents, grandparents etc.), or immediate family member of an extended family member.

  • Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme (Homes for Ukraine) – allows Ukrainian nationals and their family members to come to the UK if they have a named sponsor

Both schemes allow you to live, work and study in the UK and access public funds. You can stay in the UK for up to 3 years, and the application is free. 

If you are already in the UK under a different visa (I.e., tourist, family visit) and qualify for either of the above two schemes, you can apply to switch.  

Official resources below provide useful information on visas and immigration.

bottom of page